How to Sock?

 

toe up sock knitting 
Rediscovering Ravelry in the last few months has been odd. So much stuff has basically frozen in place in the last five or six years. I guess I've kinda of followed the same path, fiber arts use to be my eat/sleep/breathe. For me it was headaches and neck pain that started taking that away though and eventually all things yarn slipped past in a mash of mixed emotions and loses. 
 
I know there are still a bunch of very active boards still going though. I'm surprised how it's changed but figure I'm just not looking in the right spot because I'm sure even though we are stuck at home, knitting and crocheting is still on going and somehow yarn shops are still yarn shopping.

It's been a long, complicated bit. My project bags have been glaring at me when I shuffle around the office boxes. I've tempted fate once and while even bringing a bag to work in hopes of etching in a few rows here and there. I still fear the migraines, so it's slow going. It's also still complicated, there are a lot of emotions and thought processes to work through coming back to something that has been quiet for so long.

But for some reason the last few days have brought knitting back into my life in a much louder way. My guess is that brain fog isn't conductive to working in a bullet journal or creating art and my hands need me to create, something. Or I need to tie up loose ends, as ironic as that sounds.

It's still a row by row adventure in pain management but progress has been made. I seriously thought I forgot how to purl right before starting the first row across when I finally knit far enough to turn a heal. Then came the real concern that I had probably forgot how to turn a heel too.

As knitters and crocheters know though, it's in your hands even if your brain doesn't remember it, so a heel is turned. Ugly but usable enough to work.

Coming back to the blog after almost two years also feels weird, things have stayed the same in a lot of way but frozen and slower moving than before. I haven't been comfortably upright at my desk for more than a few minutes here and there over the last year. It's been stupidly rough and eye opening to go through this phase in life but here we are and I have an almost done sock to show for it :p

 Stay safe and craft on.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hobonichi Hacks: Vertical Layout Hobonichi Weeks

Gotta start somewhere...

Slow moving, on.