Monday, April 27, 2015

Upward Motion

Predictions were correct. Accelerated grad school were a killer this year. I wouldn't trade the experiences from my classroom for anything, don't get me wrong, I learned so much by running the trenches.

The problem wasn't my kiddos or classroom it was the simple math of three jobs and going months without being creative because 4-5 hours of sleep a night was more important... it worked until my brain simply refused to think anymore. A skewed type of writer's block crept in, my brain's way of say enough is enough. The cruelest thing is I can write but after thousands of words not get anywhere. I had to just give up for a little bit and clock out until my mind let me have fluid thoughts again.

I knew the solution, create, and give my poor brain a reprieve but knitting and my other usually outlets weren't happening for me either. So I zoned out watching you tube videos, as one does when the brain meats don't want to cooperate, until something sparked.


Fridge and I ordered a bunch of ingredients, waited three weeks to get them and then went to town all without setting the kitchen on fire. * yay! * Canal Town Soaps the brand was born about a month later at 4:00 a.m. one weekend morning. My helper isn't so sure about the name but I liked the history wrapped in it so we went with it.

I'm not completely back in the swing of things but now that the end of school is in sight, and a little creative juices have brewed out I'm getting ready to get back on the knit/crochet wagon again with 'paper and yarn', the I-75 Yarn Crawl and a few more surprises before summer is through.







No comments: