Thursday, February 2, 2012

well drat! / what I did Wednesday

I ate soup! Exciting no?
What's in it:
Quinoa, dehydrated onions, chicken stock, dehydrated potato flakes and carrots (not shown of course). The potato flakes act as a great thickening agent. Everything was a dry good or canned good so it's a great anytime meal. For more variety you can add in a small can of chunked chicken and a can of mix veggie for more flavor.


On other related news: I started a milk free/near-soy-free diet on Tuesday. So far so good. Only trying it for a week or so to see if my tummy is happier. Favorite filler right now is chocolate almond milk, very tasty :) Blue corn chips help with the crunch cravings. I'm sure there is some soy residue in there some where but way less then in most foods on the market right now. Other than that it's a rice, beans and salsa kinda week with a good dose of lean meats to keep my energy up while making the switch.

happy crafting.

No comments: