Tuesday, August 18, 2009

from the desk of katkoe - figuring out the brand



paper and yarn has been around for over a year now (woohoo!) and being a graphic design by trade I figured it was time to freshen up the brand a bit. Below are thumbnails of the Ravelry ads I've begun using recently. I'm still hashing out which direction to go with but I thought I'd share a little glimmer into the design process. (my favorite is the last one, though I'm not sure it does much for the company *lol*)

Have a great week.



(first out of the gate)


(a few minor tweaks makes a big difference in visual appeal)


(round two: larger photos, more subject specific)


(round two: with a more popular colorway and smoother skein)


(round three: more ad location specific)


(round two.five: ah, simplicity)

No comments: